- Students will be enrolled in an on-line platform(Canvas) Instructional delivery will be asynchronous and not the same material as the in-person school instruction/program.
- A teacher will be assigned for progress monitoring but may not be there for specific content support. However, students can request content specific academic support.
- The period of time commitment for the student to be 100% distance learning will be one quarter and must be renewed after each session.
- Final grades will be awarded at the end of the grading period and based on the grade assigned in the program. It is expected that all courses will be 100% complete by the deadline.
- Students will be enrolled in classes necessary to progress toward meeting promotion/graduation requirements only. The Florida virtual school curriculum will be used for 4 CORE subjects in grades 6 through 8. Elective courses will not be available in our distance learning model.
- Attendance will be taken daily through logon time as well as through completed assignment(s) daily to be counted “present.”
- Lack of academic progress - monitored on a weekly basis - and/or poor attendance may be grounds to revoke/deny the distance learning option.
If after reading the criteria, you choose to have your child participate in the distance learning program, please submit the Distance Learning Acknowledgement Form as soon as possible. If assigned contract is not received we will assume that your child will be participating in "in-person" learning for the fall. Stay tuned for information regarding distance learning student's chromebook pick up and Canvas orientation to take place from August 1-5, 2022.
Distance Learning Acknowledgement Form
While your child is enrolled in full distance learning, he/she can still participate in the following:
- Access the school library or other school facilities (by appointment only).
- Content specific virtual tutoring sessions (by your request).
- Meet with an administrator, counselor, and/or other school officials (by appointment only).
Parents and students, when emailing any instructor for support, please put the following information in the subject bar: Student name & grade level. This will help the teachers more easily identify students that need assistance. [email protected]
Welcome email and Pacing Guide located at:
document/d/ 1z5vSDoJ1cBDpw4gs3lr4pqyQ8bNjT eWWPGzzcCwg0FY/edit?usp= sharing
This video explains how to use the program.
Here is the link for the student login and pw to Canvas.